Thursday, March 15, 2012

Running by the wayside

Time. It passes fast. Here I am over four months later. I've got another race coming up this weekend, my first since the Battleship 5k in November. This one is the 2012 Quntiles Wrightsville Beach HALF Marathon. Right about this time exactly one year ago, my foot was giving me a helluva time. I had signed up and trained extensively for the 2011 Quintiles FULL Marathon. I ended up not doing it, of course, with the idea that what was then a stress fracture would have become a full-blown acute fracture during the race. I'm glad I held off.

And admittedly, I haven't really been running much since. Not much at all. I have been doing the gym thing, though, cross-training, exercise-biking, treadmilling it up.

This race is sort of up in the air, though. I'm not sure how quickly I can make it across that finish line. I haven't run further than about 7 miles since the injury last year. I did go for a little tempo run last night, and I was able to squeak out 4 miles in 26:30. That would be a pretty sweet half marathon pace, but I don't think I can keep up the intensity for 13.1 miles.

We'll see how it goes, though. Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

Running Kicks said...

Update: New PR of 1:32:07, and I came in 65th place out of 1820 finishers. Not too shabby for very little training! Kicked my butt, though. I was a zombie for the rest of the day.