Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Running Kicks v. La Grippe

What kind of runner doesn't run for nearly 3 weeks?  A sick one.


Man, I have just been feeling doooooown this month.  I was sick one week, started to get better.  Then I went for a hike with friends and my symptoms became exponentially worse.


I know I could still run through sickness, and I have before, but my body's been really achey through all of this.  I want to recover as soon as possible; I've got a deadline looming.


See, I'm participating in the Oxfam Trailwalker 100km Challenge in May.  This is a challenge for teams of four to complete a mountainous 100km hike in less than 48 hours.  We also have a fundraising goal, dedicated to hauling in at least $300 each.  (Little help?...)  You can read more about the event, and where the money's going here:  http://trailwalker.jp/en


100km comes out to 62.1 miles.  That's longer than two full marathons, all on very, very hilly terrain.  I'm stoked, just as long as my flu symptoms go away.

No comments: