Thursday, May 8, 2008

Metatarsal, I bite my thumb at thee

My right foot is hurt.  Probably just from getting out there too much.  Probably?  No, not probably.  Definitely.  I am an overzealous, gung-ho idiot who doesn't plan ahead or give himself enough rest.


I went on a 30km hike the last Sunday of April, ran everyday that week, then went on a 55km hike this previous weekend.  During this 55km hike, the pain between my first and second metatarsals started making me howl like Chewbacca.


I gave it a few days rest, then went out for an easy four-miler today.  After about a mile, the discomfort returned; not as bad as before, but definitely noticeable.  So, I cut my run short and headed home.


I'm limiting myself to low-impact exercises and stretching until my 100km hiking event...next Friday.  Eek.


Here's to hoping everything magically works out, I complete this final hike in good health and with a happy heart.

No comments: